Here is a healthy dessert that Jen Lefkof made for the 9:30 class. Enjoy!
If you know me, you know that I food! I love to cook, bake and eat- especially baked goods! I love butter, sugar and fat, so the fact that I actually like these paleo cookies says a lot for them. This recipe was given to me by the AMAZING Aimee Lyons, owner of Crossfit KOP. I think this is a good recipe to ease your way into healthier eating because the maple syrup provides just the right amount of sweet and everything is better with dark chocolate!
Hand mixer, parchment paper or Silpat liner, baking sheet.
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup unrefined organic coconut oil
1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
2 whole pastured eggs
3 cups blanched almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, almond flour)
3. In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
5. Melt coconut oil and pour it into the batter and continue to blend until combined.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop Tablespoon sizes of dough onto a parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 13 minutes
9. Let cool and enjoy with almond or coconut milk!
Makes about 48 cookies
Macros for 1 cookie:
Protein 2.2 grams, Carbs 8.2 grams, Fat 8 grams
107 calories per cookie