Here's a recipe that Johnna prepared for Bobby and the 0930 class. Recipe below. Enjoy!
This is by far our favorite breakfast! It's delicious, filling and decadent. And it's Paleo!!! For anyone starting out on their Paleo journey, I think it's important to know that a lifestyle that may seem restrictive really is not. There is a recipe for just about everything in a paleo form. Don't give up on it!! This recipe is from one of my favorite Paleo bloggers Paleomg.com.
What you'll need: A food processor or blender and a waffle iron. (If you don't have a waffle iron yet get one!!! There are tons of cool things you can make it in besides waffles)
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup ( to keep this paleo use grade B syrup)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat waffle iron. I put my iron on #4 which is med/high (Follow your waffle iron instructions)
- Place bananas, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and milk in a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients into the food processor and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into waffle iron.
- Remove and devour with chopped bananas, grassfed butter and maple syrup. I was able to make 8 waffles!